ANNUAL COMMUNITY SUPPORT
In 2015 we raised over $121,000 to assist youth, adults and families in the Marshall area learn, grow and thrive at the Y. All donations stay, and are used, at the Marshall Area YMCA for scholarships for Membership, Afterschool Programs and Summer Camp fees. Each and every year the need for assistance grows. In 2015 the Marshall Area YMCA granted $167,752 in assistance to families, group homes, youth and adults in the Marshall area to utilize programs and services at the YMCA. Throughout the campaign we have a great team of volunteer campaigners telling the story of the Y and asking you to make a contribution to the Y and the surrounding communities. Thank you for supporting your YMCA and your community!
Thank you to the Southwest Minnesota United Way and all of our YPartners for providing the funds for our Financial Assistance Program. If you would like to contribute to help individuals here in Marshall, please contact the Y.
Volunteers of the Y:
- Lead our Boards of Directors and committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation, and your community
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors
The Y is a nonprofit like no other. Take an active role in strengthening your community.
Togetherhood is a member led volunteer group activating their social responsibility by participating in the Y's cause to strengthen community. Togetherhood provides Y members with fun, convenient and rewarding ways to give back and support their neighbors.
We are now looking for a TOGETHERHOOD Chairperson and Committee Members!